- The production of other magnesium salts such as magnesium sulphate and magnesium nitrate in the chemical industry
- Its properties as catalyst, pigment extender, acid neutralizer are researched in:
. the plastic manufacturing industry
. the rubber and coating manufacturing industry
. the food processing industry.
- It is a base ingredient in some product formulations for the steel industry
- It is also used in the pulp manufacturing industry to replace the caustic soda or the calcium in the bleaching stages or in the treatment of waste water.
Self-levelling cement, adhesives, paints, papers, inks, skins, etc.
Molasses and derivatives
Example: Bauxite is the essential raw material in the manufacture of aluminium alloys.
Chemical expertise : the calcium formate
- The building industry (consideration of the setting and hardening times by speeding up the formation of the aluminous and tricalcium silicate)
- The adhesives and coatings industry
- Animal nutrition (used as a readily available calcium supply but also as a counter-micro-organism agent).